I write about topics like language learning and thoughtful travel as tools for building global citizenship, as well as about how processes of urban and human development affect travelers’ experiences and how engaged citizenship transforms people and places.
Whether I’m building a blog post to help engage your audience of aspiring language learners, or teasing the universal out of the individual in an analytical travel essay, my goal is the same: to employ the benefits I’ve reaped from growing up in the globalizing world to help make globalization work better for everyone, while hopefully paying off two degrees’ worth of student debt and learning something about places and the people who shape and are shaped by them along the way.
For me this translates to freelance writing, blogging, editing, and translation and offering these services to publications and organizations in the civil sector, international education, language learning and language policy, and other industries that serve global citizens making connections across the world.
- 6 Language Apps That Use Speech Recognition for Well-rounded Learning
- It’s Good to Be Popular! 7 of the World’s Most Studied Languages
- “Alexa, Teach Me a Language!” How You Can Get Fluent with an Alexa Device
- No Internet? No Problem! 7 Great Apps with Offline Language Learning Options
- 5 Creative Translation Exercise Ideas for Language Learners
- 7 Schools That Offer Sizzling Summer Language Programs
- How to Transform Your iPad into a Language-learning Secret Weapon
- Keeping Up with the World: The 5 Fastest Growing Languages
- Learn a Language for Your Mind, Soul, and Society
- How to Keep a Language Journal: 6 Ideas for Endless Entries
- Want to Get #Fluent? How to Use Instagram for Language Learning
- Delicious Language Podcasts for Learners to Devour
- Practice Makes Fluent! 7 Language Learning Challenges You Can Do Every Day
- Polly Want Fluency! Learn Like a Parrot with Language Shadowing
- How to Learn a Language by Watching Movies: 10 Tips and Tricks to Dodge Potential Pitfalls