I write about topics like language learning and thoughtful travel as tools for building global citizenship, as well as about how processes of urban and human development affect travelers’ experiences and how engaged citizenship transforms people and places.
Whether I’m building a blog post to help engage your audience of aspiring language learners, or teasing the universal out of the individual in an analytical travel essay, my goal is the same: to employ the benefits I’ve reaped from growing up in the globalizing world to help make globalization work better for everyone, while hopefully paying off two degrees’ worth of student debt and learning something about places and the people who shape and are shaped by them along the way.
For me this translates to freelance writing, blogging, editing, and translation and offering these services to publications and organizations in the civil sector, international education, language learning and language policy, and other industries that serve global citizens making connections across the world.
- Hypnosis? To Learn a Language? Here Are the Facts!
- 5 Resources for Chatbots to Be Your Language Learning BFFs
- The 9 Best Interactive Websites for Language Learning
- 1, 2, 3! How to Count Successfully in Different Languages
- 10 Foreign Language Cartoons to LOL Your Way to Fluency
- 50+ Language Exchange Topics to Keep the Conversation Flowing for Days
- Time to Prioritize! The 65 First Words and Phrases to Learn in a New Language
- The Ultimate List of Blogs for Learning Languages
- The 9 Best Android Apps to Use for Stellar Language Learning
- The Aspiring Polyglot’s Guide to 14 Diverse Languages Spoken in Asia
- Mind Over Matter: How to Stop Translating in Your Head
- The Best Language Learning Trackers and How to Use ‘Em
- VRoom! Getting Started with Virtual Reality Language Learning
- The 6 Most Bingeable Language Learning Roku Channels
- The Scene Approach: How to Really Learn Language Through Movies