I write about topics like language learning and thoughtful travel as tools for building global citizenship, as well as about how processes of urban and human development affect travelers’ experiences and how engaged citizenship transforms people and places.
Whether I’m building a blog post to help engage your audience of aspiring language learners, or teasing the universal out of the individual in an analytical travel essay, my goal is the same: to employ the benefits I’ve reaped from growing up in the globalizing world to help make globalization work better for everyone, while hopefully paying off two degrees’ worth of student debt and learning something about places and the people who shape and are shaped by them along the way.
For me this translates to freelance writing, blogging, editing, and translation and offering these services to publications and organizations in the civil sector, international education, language learning and language policy, and other industries that serve global citizens making connections across the world.
- The Critical Language Scholarship Program and You: A Guide
- Interpret This! 3 In-ear Translators for Language Learners
- Healthy Options: 7 Babbel Alternatives That Are Good for You
- Just Roll with It: The Ultimate Guide for How to Roll Your Rs
- What’s up with WhatsApp? You Can use WhatsApp for Language Exchanges!
- Earn Street Cred by Learning 1 of the 16 Coolest Languages
- How to Choose an Asian Language to Learn… and Begin!
- 4 for the Money! 4 of the Most Profitable Languages to Learn
- Forget GPS! 20 Guiding Common Phrases in Different Languages
- Hola, Bonjour, Ciao! 3 Ways Being Multilingual Will Change Your Life
- Spice up Your Language Learning with These 13 Busuu Alternatives
- More Fun Than Quidditch: “Harry Potter” Language Learning
- 33 Fab Foreign Language Writing Prompts for All Levels
- Stream Away! How to Navigate Netflix for Learning Languages
- 6 Ways + 21 Tools to Unlock Language Learning on Your Phone