I write about topics like language learning and thoughtful travel as tools for building global citizenship, as well as about how processes of urban and human development affect travelers’ experiences and how engaged citizenship transforms people and places.
Whether I’m building a blog post to help engage your audience of aspiring language learners, or teasing the universal out of the individual in an analytical travel essay, my goal is the same: to employ the benefits I’ve reaped from growing up in the globalizing world to help make globalization work better for everyone, while hopefully paying off two degrees’ worth of student debt and learning something about places and the people who shape and are shaped by them along the way.
For me this translates to freelance writing, blogging, editing, and translation and offering these services to publications and organizations in the civil sector, international education, language learning and language policy, and other industries that serve global citizens making connections across the world.
- Epic Fail to Fluent: 5 Ways Funny Language Mistakes Can Help You Learn
- Connect! The Modern Way to Learn a Language Through Songs
- Go Viral with These 4 YouTube Channels to Learn a Language
- 6 Deadly Language Listening Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- What Language Should I Learn? Choosing Between the Most Used Languages in the World
- 10 Illuminating Quotes from Famous Language Learners
- MOOC It Up: 5 Top Sources for Language Learning MOOCs
- A Clockwork Brain: Use 6 Out-of-this-world Language Learning Systems to Become Fluent!
- Good News, Sleepyhead! You Might Be Able to Learn a Language While You Sleep!
- 6 Innovative Language Learning Tools to Work into Your Daily Routine
- 6 Dream Jobs That Require You Know a Second Language
- Language Learning Diary Starter Kit: Write Your Way to Fluency
- What’s the Buzz? All About Coffee in Different Languages and Cultures
- How to Master the 5 Stages of Language Learning
- 5 Budget-friendly Language Textbooks That Pack a Wallop