I write about topics like language learning and thoughtful travel as tools for building global citizenship, as well as about how processes of urban and human development affect travelers’ experiences and how engaged citizenship transforms people and places.
Whether I’m building a blog post to help engage your audience of aspiring language learners, or teasing the universal out of the individual in an analytical travel essay, my goal is the same: to employ the benefits I’ve reaped from growing up in the globalizing world to help make globalization work better for everyone, while hopefully paying off two degrees’ worth of student debt and learning something about places and the people who shape and are shaped by them along the way.
For me this translates to freelance writing, blogging, editing, and translation and offering these services to publications and organizations in the civil sector, international education, language learning and language policy, and other industries that serve global citizens making connections across the world.
- And the 3 Nominees for “Best Free Online Translator” Are…
- Advanced Language Lessons Unique as You Are: 15 DIY Tips
- Get Your Learning on a Blogroll: 16 Top Language Blogs
- Flip the Script! How to Type Up a Storm in Another Language
- 6 Ways to Keep Your Language Study on a Roll After Duolingo
- Certified! Your Guide to Language Certificate Success
- Approaching Language Learning Through Movie Genres: A Guide
- Family Time! 8 Easy Tips to Learn a Language as a Family
- Find Your Path: A Leveled Guide to Learning Any Language
- 6 Awesome Ways to Hack Discord for Language Exchanges
- Social Benefits of Learning a Second Language: 6 Big Ones
- Our Prescribed 5 Most Useful Languages to Learn for Medicine
- Dual Subtitles: How Language Learning Can Be Twice as Nice
- The FluentU Android App Is Here!
- Ditch Your Alarm Clock for Foreign Language Distance Education Courses