I write about topics like language learning and thoughtful travel as tools for building global citizenship, as well as about how processes of urban and human development affect travelers’ experiences and how engaged citizenship transforms people and places.
Whether I’m building a blog post to help engage your audience of aspiring language learners, or teasing the universal out of the individual in an analytical travel essay, my goal is the same: to employ the benefits I’ve reaped from growing up in the globalizing world to help make globalization work better for everyone, while hopefully paying off two degrees’ worth of student debt and learning something about places and the people who shape and are shaped by them along the way.
For me this translates to freelance writing, blogging, editing, and translation and offering these services to publications and organizations in the civil sector, international education, language learning and language policy, and other industries that serve global citizens making connections across the world.
- Language Learning Programs: The 9 Smartest Online Options
- Playing By the Rules: 4 of the Most Logical Natural Languages
- 4 Convenient Ways to Keep a Language Learning Log
- How to Supercharge Your Reading with a Kindle Foreign Language Dictionary
- 14 Fun, Painless Ways to Practice Languages Online
- The Magical Guide to Finding and Reading Bilingual E-books
- Where to Buy Books in Other Languages: Book It to These 6 Websites
- Subscribe Now! 20+ YouTube Resources to Learn World Languages
- 4 Characteristics of the Hardest Languages to Learn
- The Crafty Linguist’s DIY Guide to Intermediate Language Lessons
- The Best International Languages to Learn for Traveling the World
- Hypnosis? To Learn a Language? Here Are the Facts!
- 5 Resources for Chatbots to Be Your Language Learning BFFs
- The 9 Best Interactive Websites for Language Learning
- 1, 2, 3! How to Count Successfully in Different Languages