I write about topics like language learning and thoughtful travel as tools for building global citizenship, as well as about how processes of urban and human development affect travelers’ experiences and how engaged citizenship transforms people and places.
Whether I’m building a blog post to help engage your audience of aspiring language learners, or teasing the universal out of the individual in an analytical travel essay, my goal is the same: to employ the benefits I’ve reaped from growing up in the globalizing world to help make globalization work better for everyone, while hopefully paying off two degrees’ worth of student debt and learning something about places and the people who shape and are shaped by them along the way.
For me this translates to freelance writing, blogging, editing, and translation and offering these services to publications and organizations in the civil sector, international education, language learning and language policy, and other industries that serve global citizens making connections across the world.
- Love, Love, Love: How to Say “Love” in Different Languages
- Your Move: 6 of the Best Languages to Learn After Spanish
- Power to the People! 14 Mighty Pimsleur Alternatives
- 3 Simple Attitude Adjustments for Better Work-Life Balance
- Be Polite! Learn the Politest Phrases in 9 Foreign Languages
- Learn a Language in 10 Days Challenge: Two Approaches
- 5 Photo Translator Apps That Are Magic for Language Learners
- The Best in Parallel Text Books Online: 8 Refined Resources
- News in Different Languages: Top Sources & Tips for Learners
- Know Before You Go! Bathroom Vocab in 9 Different Languages
- The Top 8 “What Language Should I Learn” Online Quizzes
- Fun Run: 4 Keys to the Ability to Learn Languages Quickly
- Shadowing Magic: An Amazing Language Learning Technique
- How to Become a Translator: 7 Steps to Your Dream Job
- Mo’ Money, No Problems: 5 Foreign Language Scholarships