I write about topics like language learning and thoughtful travel as tools for building global citizenship, as well as about how processes of urban and human development affect travelers’ experiences and how engaged citizenship transforms people and places.
Whether I’m building a blog post to help engage your audience of aspiring language learners, or teasing the universal out of the individual in an analytical travel essay, my goal is the same: to employ the benefits I’ve reaped from growing up in the globalizing world to help make globalization work better for everyone, while hopefully paying off two degrees’ worth of student debt and learning something about places and the people who shape and are shaped by them along the way.
For me this translates to freelance writing, blogging, editing, and translation and offering these services to publications and organizations in the civil sector, international education, language learning and language policy, and other industries that serve global citizens making connections across the world.
- Going off the Grid? You Can Still Use These 6 Offline Translator Apps!
- Talk Like a Native with These 15 Italki Alternatives for Language Learning
- 12 Incredible Memrise Alternatives for Unbeatable Learning
- Get with the Program: 6 Amazing Language Programs for High School Students
- Flex Your Language Muscles Through These 6 Foreign Language Training Programs
- Careers, Strategies, Colleges: The Ultimate Guide to Getting a Foreign Language Degree
- How to Become an Interpreter: A Comfortable 5-step Guide
- Get Something for Nothing! 17 Fabulously Free Language Apps
- Why Can’t I Learn Languages? 9 Possible Obstacles to Fluency
- The Critical Language Scholarship Program and You: A Guide
- Interpret This! 3 In-ear Translators for Language Learners
- Healthy Options: 7 Babbel Alternatives That Are Good for You
- Just Roll with It: The Ultimate Guide for How to Roll Your Rs
- What’s up with WhatsApp? You Can use WhatsApp for Language Exchanges!
- Earn Street Cred by Learning 1 of the 16 Coolest Languages